Another db size issue

jda jda at his.com
Sat Jul 31 15:53:13 CDT 2004

>  > That may be (although that's not what I've seen with other
>>  databases). But the point here is that I had to increase the segment
>>  size to 1024 to avoid a VException -- that's what's increasing the db
>>  size. Since the vast majority of the data I'm storing is well under
>>  512 bytes, I can live with 512 segments if V2.0 will let me (1.x did,
>>  as I said).
>
>Yes I understand that you have discover new bug with 512 bytes segment.

OK.

I've been reporting a lot of problems. It's only fair that I also
report a lot of progress, too.

As of today, with 2.0 b10 I can run my project, create and open three
different of databases (heavy use of VText and VBlobs), modify them,
etc.. I must say, this is gratifying. Once we can do SQL searches I
imagine I'll have most of the 1.x functionality back that my project
requires, anyway. Plus Unicode, of course.

Jon