[V4MD/NEW] Work with .picture and .image

Scott Runkel srunkel at hypix.com
Mon Jul 26 09:53:46 CDT 2004

> > Right now it works for 24 and 32-bit images.
> >
> > Some problems with 16 bit yet
> > Do we need 16 bit images?

I, for one, always use 16-bit images in Director. When you have hundreds or
possibly thousands of images in a project, and you want to work quickly, 16-bit
is much faster in Director than 24- or 32-bit. The Paint window, for instance,
really drags with 24- or 32-bit. 24- or 32-bit images just take longer to load
and display, and for me the gain in quality isn't helpful enough to justify.

-SR

Scott Runkel
Director of Technology
Hypix Media, Inc.