V4MD: question: Xtra which create another Xtra ?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Jul 16 20:39:22 CDT 2004

Hi Director experts,

In C/C++ and REALbasic we can write

    Set* set = field.Find( 5 )

Function find() have create and return object of new class.

And C++ and REALbasic and Java and in each normal OO language
This is MUST BE feature.

In Director/Lingo I never have such syntax.

So can we do in Lingo something as:

        db = new (Xtra "Vdatabase")

        tbl = db.CreateTable( "Person" )

Here tbl must be of type (Xtra "VTable")

Is this possible in Lingo?

If yes, then how effective this ?

If no, then why no ?  :-)
Lingo looks claims that it have some OO features.
So why it not have such basic feature of OO language ?

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com