When was added Compression format to Director

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Jul 16 15:51:52 CDT 2004

Hi All,

We have to see that Director MX have .compression property for bitmap.
When this feature was added to Director?

Just intresting,

Andy, you remember that in 1999 year, we have add to V4MD (and to Valentina
kernel) support of JPG library in Picture field?

You remember why we have made this ?  :-)

In fact if IDE/language can give to engine already COMPRESSD picture in some
format, that engine have nothing todo, we can simply store several KB of RAM
and store info that format is e.g. JPG.

May be we need in Valentina 2.0 simply remove from kernel JPG library?

Director MX can give us JPG as I see
    may be although older versions cannot do this...

REALbasic I think also have some plugins to compress into RAM/memBuffer a
picture, which we can later get in V4RB plugin.

C/c++ the same. Developer can use third party graph libs which he wish.

VPHP do not need also that Valentina convert graphic self.

VCOM (VB) and C# do not know...
I think also they can do this.

So guys, why we need in Valentina 2.0 engine to have buil-in libraries to
convert pictures? Anybody see any advantages of this ?

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com