Opening an older db

jda jda at his.com
Mon Jul 12 14:45:37 CDT 2004

Ruslan, what's the best way to figure out if a db being opened in
V2.x was made with V1.x?

Should we always try to open the db as a generic VDatabase and test
for the SchemaVersion (assuming we used it, as I have been)? The
close it an reopen myDB.Open(f) it is 2.0?

Or is there a way that doesn't involve opening each db, closing, and
reopening  it (which will become wasteful, because once users have
migrated all their databases to V2.0 this won't be necessary)?

It seems that this would be a good place for an exception/try-catch
block. But when I trap the exception that's thrown the error message
is blank...

Jon