V4RB 2.0 beta 7

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Jul 12 19:19:59 CDT 2004

On 7/12/04 6:05 PM, "Sims, John" <AYU8 at CDC.GOV> wrote:

Hi John,

I have CC to beta list.

> Hello Ruslan,
>
> I am very sorry to bother you.
>
> I have finally reached a point where I can start looking at Valentina
> 2.0.  I installed all of the files as stated on the beta download
> website but I am getting the same crash on Valentina.Init using the
> Common\Init_Shutdown example that others where seeing in the early
> betas.  I searched through the archives and saw that V4RB seemed to
> start working for others at beta 3 but I do not see anything about if
> they did something special to fix the crash on Init.  I am using
> V4RB2.0b7, REALbasic 5.5.2, OS X 10.2.8
>
> I have copied the VComponents folder into the Library/CFMSupport folder
> and then the Kernel_Carbon_Debug.shlb file from the Vengine folder into
> the Library/CFMSupport/Vcomponents folder.  The V4RB 2.0 plugin is the
> only file in my plugins folder and I do get the Valentina
> objects/methods/properties etc. in my Intellisense in the IDE.
>
> I see in one of the archive postings that there was an attached XML file
> that needed to go into the vcomponents/resources/english.  I saw 2 XML
> files in this folder after my installation.  Is there another XML file
> required or does beta 7 come with the necessary XML files?
>
> Any idea what I might be missing?

In b7 all 2 required XML files are already in Vcomponents folder.

Hmm, can you send log of crash ?

So REALbasic find plugin, show it, as I understand compile and run
application... This means that all right with paths and dlls.

As I understand Jon, was able run b7 with no problems.
Yes Jon?

Again, Please send me log of crash.
Also in the folder of example you can see V4RB_LOG.txt file.
What it shows ?

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com