VField.find

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Jul 11 17:33:18 CDT 2004

On 7/11/04 5:22 PM, "Erik Mueller-Harder"
<valentina-list at vermontsoftworks.com> wrote:

Hi Erik,

> Hi, Ruslan --
>
> I'm looking through your examples now.  *VERY* cool!

Thanks,

And look on LINKs examples!

This is even more cool.
In fact this features should be used together.

> Is .find documented somewhere?

On beta page there is quick reference.
Not remember if Find() is there.
Let me know if not.

> It looks like there are four
> parameters?  Or do the parameters vary by field type?

In 2.0 added the work with INVARIANT type of REALbasic.

So now for example Vfield has property .Value
It is of invariant type.

This is simply syntax for fast/lazy coding,
But of course invariant works little slower then say
    Vlong.value which know that it is of type 'long'

Find() also use variants.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com