Project?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Jul 10 21:16:30 CDT 2004

>>> Why not just email an attachment? I can take up to 5 MB.
>>
>> Email usually add 50% to atachment, yes
>>
>> I can send you ok
>>
>> Will test with new resources at first
>>

> If you will email me the latest vengine I'll continue to test with my app...

Hi Jon,

Good news.

I have work hole day with your project.
Fixed at least 5-6 bugs in kernel 2.0
So each time I can move more far then before.

------------------
Bad news.

I have found 4-5 LOGICAL mistakes in your project regarding dbs.

The worse is that

1) you have field with name "date"

    DATE -> this is key word of SQL92.
    Valentina 2.0 complains here.

2) you have table with name REFERENCES

    this is also key word of SQL !!!
    yes, Valentina 1.x did forgive this, but not 2.0

As far as I see, the only way to resolve this problem
    is to ship for you new version of your app,
    based on Valentina 1.x of course
    which will polish this issues in schema.

Only after this 2.0 will be able accept your db structure.

Another way -> you can fix all your SQL queries to have syntax

    SEELCT * FROM "references"      // SQL92 syntax
Or
    SEELCT * FROM [references]      // ala MS SQL syntax

Only problem with BaseObject Methods. Their texts are inside of vdb file.
May be we can open db with bad formulas, but assign new.

I think in the nearest 40-80 minutes I will upload new archives.
And you can
A) or change names of this field and table
B) or fix SQL queries as shown

Then I will continue with your project.

I will send more notes on list later for you.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com