V4RB beta 7

jda jda at his.com
Thu Jul 8 11:45:49 CDT 2004

>  >
>>  You mean *each* db will have a permanent .tmp file? I hope not -- I
>>  distribute hundreds of small databases with my app and I certainly do
>>  not want the disk littered with .tmp files for each (visible or not).
>>  Can this be turned off (I don't care about start time after a crash,
>>  which is negligible now).
>
>Not permanent.
>On Close() this file is killed.
>
>Hmm, it is not simple to turn off it.
>Then where we will put our tmp files?  :-)
>
>We can try to use single tmp file for all opened dbs.
>we need discuss this here.
>
>Why you make so many dbs ?????

Well, I have description files that contain lots of diverse
information about how text is to be formatted for different purposes,
for example, and each is its own database. BUT, they are not open at
once -- only one at at a time. So if the .tmp file is deleted when it
is closed that's not a problem at all. Invisible would be nice,
though.

What about putting them in the Temporary Folder (at least for Mac OS
X). If I understand that folder correctly (I may not) the file will
be deleted automatically when the app closes. Maybe you (or someone
else) can shed light on this...

Jon