V4RB beta 7

jda jda at his.com
Thu Jul 8 09:14:15 CDT 2004

Hi Ruslan,

As expected, I'm running into problems when trying b7 with my app.
Maybe some of these things aren't supposed to work yet, I don't know.
But here are a few:

1.

  myCursor = new VCursor(thePrefsDB, "select * from prefs where
RecId=0", kServer, kReadWrite)

  myCursor.setBlank -> crash

myCursor is made, BTW, but the SQL field in the debugger is empty.

Here are the last lines of the log after the crash:

Cursor_SetRecBlank...
	PARAM: inCursor = 26512012

2.

I sometimes (not always) get a crash on this line:

      call prefsDB.prefs.AddRecord

even though prefsDB is created properly, with: prefsDB.Create( f, 1, 2048 )

3.

I see a .tmp file that sticks around. Since I've been crashing it
probably just wasn't cleaned up. But since I never saw this before I
thought I'd mention it.

Jon