V4RB b7 uploaded.

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Jul 8 08:04:43 CDT 2004

Hi All,

        http://paradigmasoft.com/download/v2_beta/v2_beta.html

[NEW]   Example Api/Field_Find
            show how to use NEW functions Vfield.Find( value )
            and how to use NEW classes Sets to complex searches on several
            fields in single table without SQL.

            We think this is very cool extension, because
                Vfield.Find + Sets + Links = Navigational Model.

            This is alternative non-SQL way to work with databases.
            and we have decide implement this way for client/server
            architecture also.

[NEW]   Example Advanced/viSQL

            yes, Sergey have port viSQL to 2.0 engine.
            it can now open dbs, show structure, and do queries.

[DONE][Kernel] - now works DISTINCT on single table and join when only one
            table fields are SELECTed

------------------
[DONE][Kernel] - implemented a lots of different syntaxes for JOIN

    FROM T1 join T2 ON T1.key = T2.ptr  [WHERE search conditions]
                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
            this can be FOREIGN KEY or ObjectPtr
            this is SQL92 syntax.

    FROM T1 join T2 on link_name  [WHERE search conditions]

            this is Valentina extension to support LINK abstraction

    FROM T1 join T2         // skipped link condition
    FROM T1, T2

            this is Valentina extension. Valentina self will try find link.

    FROM T1, T2
    WHERE T1.key = T2.ptr

            this is old-style of join. Link-condition is located in the
            WHERE clause.

    All this also works for LEFT|RIGHT|FULL OUTER joins of course.

[DONE] -- Now we can close db and open it, information about db structure
            comes from sys tables. Here still many issues to polish.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com