DateTime fields, methods over such fields, DateTime depended SQL where-clause and SQL-functions.

Claudius Sailer Claudius at sailer-online.de
Thu Dec 9 17:59:09 CST 2004

HI Ivan,

Am 09. Dez 2004 um 11:58 Uhr schrieb Ivan Smahin:

> CS> Hi,
>
> CS> Am 09. Dez 2004 um 01:15 Uhr schrieb Ivan Smahin:
>
>>>        Strict usage of such keywords must be only in methods'
>>> predicates based on
>>>         datetime-literals.
>>>

>>>      3. There is powerful set of datetime SQL-functions in Valentina
>>> 2.
>>>         I would say this is a most powerful set in DBMS world.
>
> CS> is it also planed to install a function/method weekoftheyear?
>
> It is the same to WEEK function.
>  Week( date, [firstWeekDay] )
>  Returns the week of year in the range of 0 - 53
>  firstWeekDay == 0 - is for Sunday
>  1 is for Monday and so on... up to 6 (Sat)

Thanks, but this is my problem. IMHO do we have several calculation
methods. The US-Method says 1.1.YYYY ist week 1 using DIN week 1 ist
where the first thursday is in. So you can have 01.01.XXXX in week 52
or week 53 by DIN but week 1 in US Method. The information when is a
new week starting is a good thing, because US-week starts on sunday and
by DIN on Monday.
But after that, what is calculationMethod in Valentina?

Thanks for help

Claudius

--
G4/733 QS / MacOS X 10.3.5de / RB 5.5.3de/ Valentina 1.10.0
Homepage    http://www.ClaSai.de