[V4RB 0000148]: Crash if icudt30b.dat isn't in VComponents folder

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Dec 3 11:08:04 CST 2004

On 12/3/04 1:42 AM, "vbt at paradigma.ukrcom.kherson.ua"
<vbt at paradigma.ukrcom.kherson.ua> wrote:

> The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
> <http://paradigma.ukrcom.kherson.ua/bt/view.php?id=148>
> Reported By:                Jon Ashwell
> Assigned To:
> Project:                    V4RB
> Issue ID:                   148
> Category:                   API
> Reproducibility:            always
> Severity:                   crash
> Date Submitted:             12-03-2004 01:42 EET
> Last Modified:              12-03-2004 01:42 EET
> I'm trying to set the pathtoicu like this
>
>     f =
> volume(0).child("usr").child("share").child("icu").child("icudt26b.dat")
>     Valentina.pathToICU = f
>
> But if I remove icudt30b from VComponents, it crashes on launch. The crash
> occurs *before* Valentina.init. Changing the icu path isn't of much use if
> we still have to ship the entire .dat file.

Frankly saying this will be not so easy task, John.

Deal is that we ALREADY use ICU 3.0,
But MacOS Panther still use 2.8.
I believe they will not be compatible.

Only OS X Tiger will get ICU 3.0

In ideal, I think we will try future redo to use only C API of ICU,
In this case, as point Apple engineer, we will get big chances to use SYSTEM
ICU libs. ALL libs I mean. He say that Apple do work on this with IBM to
polish ICU to allow such usage

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com