[V4RB 0000144]: Ability of SqlExecute to return array of RecID's affected

Sims, John AYU8 at CDC.GOV
Wed Dec 1 12:30:45 CST 2004

Hi Ruslan,

Yes, using the cursor API would work fine if I was looking at a specific
task.  However, what I am looking at trying to build is a replication
engine for Valentina that I can use for several projects (and make
available to others if it comes out well).  To do this, I'll need to
wrap all of the functionality that Valentina provides in a set of
classes that also know how to maintain the replication information.  I
could make the replication engine work for only the classes way of
Valentina but I would like to make it work with the SQL way also.  To do
this, I would need to know what records are affected by
Insert/Update/Delete statements so that I can make appropriate updates
to the replication information.  Otherwise, I will have to parse the
Insert/Update/Delete statements enough to rebuild them with my
replication information included in the statement and to determine what
other replication information needs to be added/modified.  It occurred
to me that if Valentina could tell me what records were affected, it
would make many of my tasks much simpler --- schema changes will be more
interesting :-)

I hope I have made sense.  As always, thank you so much for you hard
work and your willingness to work with your users.  Also, as many others
have stated, my thoughts are with you and your country as your country
tries to resolve its presidential election dispute for the betterment of
its people.

-John