[ANN] V4RB b13.

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Aug 29 09:40:44 CDT 2004

>>>  Yes, they don't crash at least.
>>>

> OK, I figured out one problem (silly, I should have looked at the
> example more carefully).
>
> When you open a database you *must* specify the storageEncoding
> beforehand. If you don't -> crash. OK, easy to do. But why is this
> necessary? The storageEncoding is a property of the database -- why
> can't Valentina read it when a db is opened?

Agree! this must not be required.

Otherwise how Valentina Studio will work?!

So I must store this info into system tables of course.

Hmm. This will not work, because when I read from sys tables I already must
know encoding. So it must go to header of vdb file...also not very good

solution: System tables always will be in UTF16 format.
    I think this easy to do because tables can have different format
    from database.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com