[V4MD:DONE] API_way/Field_Find example

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Aug 26 11:09:29 CDT 2004

On 8/26/04 10:40 AM, "Martin Kloss" <martin.kloss at gmx.de> wrote:

> At 21:06 25.08.2004, you wrote:
>> Some new methods added to make it working to
>> VTable, VField, VSet, VSetIterator Xtra's that were not
>> exposed before, exactly:
>>
>>     VTable.flush()
>>     VTable.selectAllRecords()
>>     VTable.selectNoneRecords()
>
> Hi,
>
> what does the "selectNoneRecords" method do?
> And I would recommend naming it "selectNoRecords".

Hi Martin,

A short words:

1) V4MD 2.0 will be able do SEARCH and SORT of tables without SQL at all!

    this, from one side position V4MD to V12 in good way.
    because sometimes (very rare actually) some developers say:
        SQL is complex for me.

But the main is that V4MD developers will get now access to the SECOND power
of Valentina -- Navigational model.

In this model we do not use SQL.

We do something as

    fldName = tblPerson.Field( "Name" )

    foundSet = fldName.Find( "Peter" )

    loop for each item of set

        RecID = set(i)

        tblPerson.GoTo( RecID )

        Now we can read fields of the current record.

    end loop

Also we have function to

    find all records from T1 linked to some record of T1.
    and more link functions

So we can search and sort single table,
We can find linked records as set.
And so on.

We work with Sets and Set Iterators -- new conceptions for V4MD.
And we navigate record by record.
This is why it is named Navigational.

And of course we can mix both models.

And one more.
Navigational model for some tasks can be
in e.g 10 times faster of Relational model!

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com