V4MD: Big changes in design!!!

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Aug 19 17:03:46 CDT 2004

Hi All Director users!

2 days ago we with Igor have got idea how to significantly improve and clean
up design of V4MD.

V4MD 1.x do have 2 Xtras. From point of vie of other programming languages
it have 2 classes.

Vdatabase Xtra was very overloaded by API.

* it have global methods.
* it have methods of Vtable class.
* it have methods of Vfield class.

In V4RB 2.0 we have add new classes: Vlink, Vset, ...
And we was going NOT add them into V4md.
Because only way was add them again into Vdatabase Xtra.
Not nice.

Well, now we do next:

* we have main Xtras Vdatabase and Vcursor.

* global methods are moved to Valentina Xtra.
  so we will do

        Valentina.Init()
        Valentina.ShutDown()
        Valentina.Error()

* We extract methods related to Vtable
    from Vdatabase into new Vtable Xtra.

* We extract all field methods into new Vfield Xtra.

* We add much more new methods into Vtable, Vfield Xtras.

* We will add totally new Xtras: Vlink and Vset.

----------------

-- Having such design we get absolutely clean design of classes.
All methods are grouped in the correct classes.

-- Now V4MD will be not worse then V4RB and other Valentina 2.0 products!!!

Now, the main question.
Director developers can ask:
    why we need all this new functions and classes ?!

Answer is:

* Valentina support not only RDBMS model with SQL queries!

* Valentina 2.0 support also Navigational model, or we can name it
Object-Relational model. Or even better "Valentina Database Model".

This model combines the best features of

        Navigational model
        OR model
        OO model

And in the same time it establish absolutely new model, which is
    *combination* of features of that models plus some
    own unique features.

So. This new classes and functions allow you control, manage and search
database WITHOUT SQL at all!

In some tasks, Navigational model can be much more effective of SQL's way.

I hope describe all this in new Valentina docs.
Also we will provide a lots of new examples for V4Md now.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com