ORDER BY

jda jda at his.com
Sat Aug 7 09:55:21 CDT 2004

>It does not matter what is field you are using.
>Order By just checks that ordered name is from the select list.
>
>Example:
>
>select f1 as ff from Table Order By f1
>
>Here is exception due to the SQL standard. Because no field with
>name f1 in the select list.
>There is "ff" name.
>
>--
>Best regards,
>  Ivan                            mailto:IvanSmahin at public.kherson.ua

OK, Ivan, I see. Then how do this:

I have a method for each field so that I can do a case-insensitive
sort. The name of the sort method is the name of the field +
"SortMethod". For example, to sort Authors, I have a method
AuthorsMethod.

Here is that method definition:

  authorsSortMethod = CreateTextField("authorsSortMethod", 128,
"English", Valentina.fIndexed, "Upper(authors)")

Here is how I have used it in Valentina 1.x:

myCursor = myDatabase.SQLSelect("select id,authors,thedate,title,hit
from thereferences ORDER BY authorsSortMethod",
Valentina.kServerSide, Valentina.kReadOnly)

What is the best way of doing this in Valentina 2.0?

Thank you,

Jon