Project?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Aug 4 23:42:12 CDT 2004

Hi Jon,

> May I ask how it's going? I have modified my project to deal with all
> the new issues introduced in 2.0 (the ones I have encountered,
> anyway) -- I'd be happy to send you the update if you think it will
> help in debugging.

According to your project

1) we have fix bugs in cursor.Delete()

2) and I right now have practically finish Index_String.
I have spend almost 2 weeks on this task. And I need more tests for it yet,
but I think bugs are fixed, so these new test will go fast.

Oh! testes have finish!

*                                FINISH
* Total  tests              : 2246
* Failed tests              : 0
* Failed tests on exception : 0
* Leaked tests              : 0
*
* Total  asserts            : 700169801
* Failed asserts            : 0

Having this, we will make new beta. I think tomorrow.

    Also we will make new V4MD WIN beta, where will be 2 new examples
    -- pictures, images
    -- binding

Next my task:
- Field.CaseInsensetive() flag.

Actually we have found that we will do this in the next way:

    Vfield.Collator as integer

As far as we see it, we will have 6 levels here.

    0 - no affect. Build case-sensetive index like in V 1.x

    next 5 levels define case insensitive index as we have told before.
    also some levels affect accents chars and so on.

And after that I will need make working flag IndexByWords for String,
VarChar and Text fields.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com