[V4Rb Client] VCursor problem

Charles Yeomans yeomans at desuetude.com
Fri Apr 2 12:31:21 CST 2004

On Apr 2, 2004, at 10:58 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 4/2/04 6:48 PM, "Charles Yeomans" <yeomans at desuetude.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to do the import from the client; shouldn't
>> VCursor.ImportText work just as it does for V4Rb?
>
> Charles, once again,
>
>     in client-server we have made for now import/export
>     to SERVER computer.
>
>     so you must specify location ON SERVER computer,
>     and since Valentina Server for OS X is Macho app,
>     it wait for path in POSIX format.
>
> Right now you cannot get exported file to CLIENT computer.
>
> I hope in 2.0 we will implement this.

This doesn't make sense.  I recall that part of the plan was that V4Rb
and V4Rb Client should behave more or less the same, with the only
difference being the VDatabase constructor, and various options for
VCursor (server-side, etc.). So VCursor.ImportText should behave in
V4Rb Client just as it does in V4Rb.  Loading and dumping files on the
server is useful, of course, but this should be new functionality, in
new methods.

Charles Yeomans