[SJHS-Swim] Patriot Center is looking for workers

kkhayden at comcast.net kkhayden at comcast.net
Mon Dec 9 14:01:03 CST 2013

I hope this goes to everyone.  I copied the address from the meet entries we received last week.  Below is a copy of a note I received today from the staff coordinator for the concessions stands.  It describes the color coding for the schedule.  If you are interested in working with your student athlete to support the swim team this week or any of the other dates on the list then please let me know who (adult and athlete), and when.  Over time we will not need to have an adult with each athlete.

Thank you,

Kevin

703-795-5599

Hello again,

Attached is the most recent event schedule for the Patriot Center.  Please note a few events that have been added.  Also, a reminder that if the event is in red, try not to send teens.  I have only a few slots that they can fill on these nights and it gets too complicated with sales with teens on the register if they are not 18 and older.  Yellow events note that there will be alcohol sales, but nothing crazy expected.  Teens can work these events, but I need more adults than kids.  Green events note NO ALCOHOL sold at all!!!   These are great events for the teens to sign up and work.  I still need adults to come with them, but you can have more teens than adults for these events.  If you have any questions, please ask me!!!!

Uniforms....  Please remind your groups that they must wear black or khaki pants for working at the Patriot Center.  NO shorts, capris, and no jeans or sweats!!!  Closed toed shoes, non-skid preferred for safety, must be worn.  Please don't wear heels or sandals.

Tips......  I know that the new POS systems give you the option for tips, however, we cannot accept tips on them.  Please do not ask customers if they want to put a tip on a credit card.  We do not solicit for tips.  The silver buckets may be out if we are selling alcohol, but you can only accept cash tips.  The buckets must be plain and have no writing on them.  Tips are also divided up between all of the persons working the stand with 10% set aside for the runners that set up beer stands and deliver beer to the food stands that are selling alcohol.  The group leader should take the tips received by the group and deposit them in the group account.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Emily Bruner
Staff Coordinator/Office Manager

Sodexo