[SJHS-Swim] Note from COACHES!!

darlene thornburg darlene.thornburg at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 18:40:20 CST 2010

Raider Swimmers

Out of 52 members of the team, only 17 were at the workout this morning and
we only received word from 3 that they would not be there.

The Booster Club spent additional funds this year to provide us with the
lanes for this practice (Mon - Thurs, 8:15 - 10:00) so it would be a shame
for them to pay for something we do not put to good use.

The attendance at practice sessions before the break was not much more than
50% and that is simply not acceptable.  If you want to be a success, you
have to work for it.  Success is never handed to you. There is NO substitute
for practice in swimming.  There is nothing you can do at home that will
make up for the work done in the water.  Just ask the athletes who were
there today.  It was a tough practice but thats how you get better.

There is a banner in Coach Hayden's classroom that says "The harder I work,
the luckier I get."  That saying applies to athletes as well as students.

You have worked hard to start they season.  It would be a shame to have to
start all over again because we decided to take a break over the holiday.

Coach Rios & Coach Hayden